Friday 23 March 2012

Finders keepers.

As promised, here is my very attractive new watering can.



I've found quite a few objects in the garden since I began this project, including some rusty shears and a glass candle-holder. But never anything that useful, until today, when I uncovered a mug! Not a bad one either. Here's what it looked like, freshly dug-up...



...it was packed full of mud, but I cleaned it all out, washed it, and made a cup of tea. Lovely!



Here's the progress so far on the digging. Slow slow slow.


But, the Snapdragon (you can see in above photo) is flourishing outdoors - it was only planted out on Wednesday and I swear the uppermost leaves are already twice the size:


I'm happy it's happy; Snapdragons look amazing when they flower.

---

1 comment:

  1. Really nice photos. I kept trying to get Alice to smell the gorse in Cornwall - I told her it smells like Malibu.

    ReplyDelete