The past couple of days have been decent however, and I finished off the digging. So much work, but worth it.
I found a frog (not a real one) while digging. I'll upload a picture of that soon, it's not washed yet. Also, I think the neighbours beyond the wall might have gotten jealous at how clear our garden is (theirs is/was an absolute jungle of weeds and thorns) - I couldn't find our rake, looked over the the wall, and there it was - they'd been using it to rake up weeds. Even had a ladder leaning up against the wall - obviously climbed over, cheeky bastards. I shall be hiding the rake from now on.
Meanwhile, the flower mixes in the beds are growing:
And most of the indoor plants are flourishing. I think I'll plant them outside soon.
Next step is to get the lawn sown. I went into Putney today to buy grass seed (buy one get one free in Robert Dyas!), so I'm all prepared...just watching the weather forecast as I don't want the seeds to get washed away after planting!