Thursday 15 March 2012

Drought?

Our landlord came over on Tuesday night, and I mentioned our plans for the garden. He's perhaps one of the most laid back guys I've met, and couldn't really care less what we do. But he did say that there's a hosepipe ban starting next month, which I didn't know. Not that we've got a hose. I was planning on buying a watering can.

A drought could be a problem with planting though. I've been doing research on planting lawns, and pretty much the best time to do it is April, because of the frequent 'April showers'. Then I recall that we didn't even have any showers last year. None. I read in the paper today that the last 2 years have been almost the driest on record. It's not looking good.

On the plus side, I found some gardening gloves in the mystery kitchen cupboard. Today was a beautiful day, and I spent it all in the garden, which is now all dug over. Feel like I've had quite a work out. In my opinion, there's nothing more satisfying than pulling a weed out by its root. Or not much.





No comments:

Post a Comment