Sunday 18 March 2012

Gardening as procrastination.

This morning I started digging over what will be the flower beds. Bob's got mounds of seeds, so we may as well use them. I've made two beds either side of the steps, and outlined them with bricks - I'll half bury them later so they stay in place.


You might notice I also practised a little topiary on the bush - still need to finish off the top.

Also digging over the rest of the garden, and removing rocks, which are annoyingly prolific. Here's how many I collected in less than a square foot.


I've found we have a clay soil - this wasn't hard to discover, as there are lumps of clay! Slightly better than a sandy soil apparently, but still not ideal. 


Next steps - to try and level off the garden, whilst removing rocks, and then start planting. Me and Bob plan to go and buy a watering can, compost, and grass seeds on Tuesday. I'll post soon with pictures of the flowers we intend to plant etc. 

For now, I must start an essay due in tomorrow....gardening majorly distracted me this week.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment